The world is moving forward to a paperless society that is already dumped with tablets and smartphones. In regards to them, smart notebooks might be a hard sell, but they portray an innovative blend of the new and the old.
No electronic device can ever outlive the feeling of a pen or pencil on paper. However, having notes in the digital format is not only eco-friendly but also needed these days.
Buying the best reusable notebook or the best smart notebook would help you to take notes quickly, save them on the cloud service, and then retrieve them on multiple electronic devices. A reusable or smart notebook is a new concept.
Hence everyone might not have an insight on them yet. Therefore, if you are one of them, or you simply want to know what is the best reusable notebook that you can buy, we have created a brief yet detailed guide for you.
In this guide, we will teach you how you can pick the best reusable notebook for yourself from all the million options available in the market. So, let us start right away.
Things To Consider While Buying A Smart Notebook
Just like any other electronic device, there are various things that you should consider before you buy a smart notebook. They are built to last, and different models have different features to offer. In this guide, we will help you pick the best reusable notebook for yourself among all the options available in the market.
You have to consider the page, binding, and cover materials of the notebook. Standard smart notebooks have reinforced or plastic covers. Some models even have faux leather covers. The plastic cover works the best for every intended purpose.
However, cardboard and faux leather would be able to withstand the course of time. For the binding, you can either go for durable plastic binding or wire binding. However, an essential thing that you have to think about is the material with which the pages are made.
The best reusable notebook would feature fine grain paper that allows for wet wiping. In case you want a notebook that would last you for an extended period and withstand heavy use, then you should go for polyester composite pages.
The standard size of smart notebooks is either B5 (6.9″x9.8″) or A5 (5.8″x8.3″). However, some manufacturers even offer executive sizes, which are 6″x8.8″. If you want a travel-friendly notebook, then you can choose mini-sized smart notebooks. They are half the size of executive notebooks. A5 notebooks are the best for people who have a lot of things to note.
Number Of Pages
Different models of notebooks offer a wide range of page quantities. They start from thirty-six and can go up to a hundred pages. Hence, you can wipe the pages for more than five hundred times, even if you buy a notebook of thirty-six pages, you do not have to worry. The only thing that you have to keep in mind is to get perfect quality pages so that the notebook lasts you for a long time.
Smart Notebook Application
The application is another important feature that you have to consider. The quality of a smart notebook depends on the app that it offers. The best reusable notebook would have its own application that would allow it for smarter uploading and scanning of documents to the cloud services like Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, and more. Some apps come with a PDF to MS Word converter. That would allow you to edit the documents easily.
Maintaining a smart notebook is simple. With a damp cloth, you would be able to wipe off the notes in some quick swipes. In addition to that, you can also use heat sources like microwave or hair dryer to clean the notebook.
But for that, you would have to buy a smart notebook which is specifically heat-friendly. Always read the guide provided by the manufacturer and follow the exact cleaning process written over there.
In case you are still confused about how to choose the best reusable notebook for yourself, then do not worry. You can always refer to our list of ten best reusable notebooks. All of the notebooks are highly recommended, and they would cater to most of your requirements, if not all. They would surely not disappoint you. Let us take a quick look at the list without wasting any time.
We have shortlisted some of the amazing notebooks with all of their features, pros, and cons so that you can easily decide which would work best for you.
Top 10 Best Reusable Notebooks 2020
1. Rocketbook Smart Reusable Notebook
This executive sized smart notebook by Rocketbook is the best reusable notebook that you can buy. It comes in eight different colours, including atomic red, beacon orange, deep space grey, infinity black, midnight blue, neptune teal, scarlet colour, and terrestrial green.
This is an eco-friendly, thirty-six pages, dotted grid notebook that can be used for numerous times by wiping it clean with a wet cloth. The user can save their notes to various popular cloud services such as email, iCloud, Slack, OneNote, box, Evernote, Dropbox, and more.
The notebook allows the ink to dry off for fifteen seconds from all Pilot Frixion pen, highlighter, or market so that it can bond with the specialized pages.
- The product includes one notebook, one Pilot Frixion pen, and one microfiber cloth.
- It is complemented with sophisticated Al technology makes it easy for the user to name and search their notes.
- Some customers have complained that the pages are fragile and plastic-like.
- Some customers have even reported that the Frixion pen does not work smoothly on the pages.
This reusable notebook would last you for years. The pages are made up of synthetic materials. Hence, you can expect a smooth writing experience.
2. Rocketbook Fusion Smart Reusable Notebook
The notebook includes 42 pages which include lined pages, dot-grid, idea-list, OKR goal template, monthly calendar, weekly planner, and task list.
The pages can be cleaned easily by using a damp cloth. The ink from all types of Pilot Frixion highlighter, marker, or pen does not take more than fifteen seconds to dry and bond with the specialized pages.
- It comes with free Rocketbook app, which is Android and iOS-friendly.
- The user can scan and upload their notes to various cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, and more.
- It is costly.
- Some customers are disappointed that the calendar pages do not link to any calendar application.
This notebook would surely provide you with a classic paper and pen experience. Even though it gives a feeling of a traditional notebook, you would be able to use it endlessly and link it to any of your desired cloud services. The synthetic pages would provide you with a smooth writing experience.
3. Kystore A5 Reusable Smart Erasable Leather Notebook
This leather-back notebook by KYSTORE is available in four different colours, light blue, coffee, blue, and black. This smart notebook would undoubtedly make your life more productive, creative, and organized. It is an A5 sized notebook.
The notebook contains one hundred and eight pages which can be reused for five hundred times. It contains fifty-four wide-ruled pages and fifty-four blank pages. Hence, it is suitable for both taking notes and sketching.
With the help of CamScanner, the user can cost the notes on multiple cloud services like Evernote, iCloud, Google Drive, and more. Users can even erase their writing or sketch, with a pen eraser.
- It is cost-effective.
- It is complemented with forty-five days of money-back guarantee and twelve months warranty.
- The manufacturer provides for twenty-four hours of customers service.
- Some customers have complained that the pages are very soft and the notes would not get scanned by anything else other than the CamScanner application.
Enjoy high-tech note-taking or sketching process by using this smart notebook. This is an eco-friendly notebook. Hence, no tree is cut down for its manufacture. You would also be able to use it for long periods.
4. Kystore B5 Reusable Smart Erasable Notebook
This is the best reusable notebook that you can get yourself from KYSTORE. It is a B5 sized notebook which comes in an elegant black colour. It is also cost-effective, which makes it an overall good buy.
It contains sixty pages, which includes wide ruled, dot grid, and blank pages. The pages can be used for up to five hundred times. It can be used for both sketchings and jotting down notes.
It is a wire-bound spiral notebook which comes with an erasable pen. The ink does not take more than fifteen minutes to settle down on the paper.
- It is a heat-proof notebook. This means that you would be able to erase the notes or sketches of your notebook by using the heat from a microwave or a hairdryer.
- The manufacturer offers 24 hours of customer service.
- It comes with a warranty period of one year.
- Users can only upload the documents on the cloud system using CamScanner.
- It is not rubbing alcohol friendly, which works excellent for erasing notes from smart notebooks.
- Some customers have even complained that the ink might blot slightly sometimes.
Considering everything, this is overall a good buy. The cover is made of heavy-duty plastic which can withstand all the wears and tears through time. The pages are smooth and thin, so you can quickly write on them, just like you are using a traditional notebook.
5. Scrubby Reusable Whiteboard Notebook
This is a mini notebook by Scrubby where you can write, rethink, and erase so that you can flawlessly capture your creativity. The notebook has forty reusable pages where you can brainstorm, explore ideas, doodle, solve problems, collaborate, and take notes easily.
This is an unlined notebook that comes with a Staedtler correctable pen which is fine-tipped. It is also complemented with a band which holds the pen and keeps the notebook closed. The pages come with specialized dry erase surface. Hence, you can easily use a correctable marker on it.
It is waterproof and rugged. The sturdy poly cover will make your notebook last for years. The pages are not laminated or coated; hence the whole notebook is waterproof. You can wipe off the pages quickly even after using your notebook for months.
- It is cost-effective.
- Users can clean off permanent marker with some alcohol.
- The transparent covers are matte finish and scratch-resistant on the outside.
- Some customers have reported that sometimes little indentations are left for a while.
- Some customers have even complained that most non-permanent and water-based markers do not work well with the notebook.
The pages have a smooth surface where you can write things down effortlessly. You can reuse every page for about five hundred times without damaging the quality of the paper. You can use the pen’s eraser that you are using or you can even use a damp cloth for erasing the notes.
6. ParKoo Smart Notebook
Have the best of both worlds with this planner cum notebook by Parkoo, which would provide you with amazing writing experience. It comes in a bright blue colour and an elegant and simple design. This notebook would help you to be organized and plan everything in your life in the best way possible.
The notebook is of A5+ size and has 190 pages. It features premium-quality 80GSM writing paper, which is not only thick, but also fountain-pen friendly. It comes with both dotted and unlined pages. The plain pages have time management lines where you can keep track of all the activities you are planning to do.
It has its application called “Smart Notebook” which is available in both, the Play Store and iStore. By using the app, users can scan the documents in a JPG format. The notes can be shared on various cloud systems like iCloud, Slack, OneNote, Dropbox, Google Drive, and more.
- The notes can be synced easily and edited in any device.
- It is heat compatible. Hence, you can use a hairdryer to erase anything you want.
- It is cost-effective.
- Some customers have complained that they have faced problems while using the application of the notebook.
- Some customers have even reported that they have to use a lot of heat for erasing their writings.
This notebook will no doubt save a lot of paper. It comes with its Parkoo pens. The notebook can be used as a recipe journal, school journal, travel journal, executive notebook, and more. You can even gift it to your dear ones.
7. Rocketbook Wave Smart Notebook
It comes in fresh blue tone colour and simple design, which gives it a defined look. It is not only easy to use to the notebook, but it provides a pen-to-paper writing experience.
The notebook has eighty pages. All the pages are dotted grid, which can be reused by the user again and again by microwaving it. It is complemented with polypropylene binding, which makes the notebook sturdy.
The sophisticated Al technology can be used for providing smart titles, email transcription, and conduct intelligent searches. The notes can be easily saved to multiple cloud system using the Rocketbook application, which can be downloaded for free.
- It is cost-effective.
- The ink does not take more than fifteen seconds to dry up and bond with the pages. Users can even write or draw with highlighter and marker.
- It has eighty pages and each of them can be used for about five hundred times each.
- The Rocketbook does not allow the user to scan multiple pages into a single document.
- The notebook needs a rotating turntable microwave for heating it. Hence, users who do not have that might face problems while erasing the notes or drawings.
This notebook is very easy to use and creates no hassle whatsoever when you are trying to upload the notes to any cloud service. It is lightweight and does not take up much space. It is built to last, and you can use it for years if not eternity. However, the erased notes might leave a faint outline at first, but it would go away over time.
8. Rocketbook Fusion Smart Reusable Notebook
Therefore, you can easily pick up your favourite one. Whether you want to sketch or write notes, you can scribble anything you want in this notebook and then erase it easily.
Say no to wastage of paper with this notebook. It has forty-two pages which offer seven different page styles such as sketching, sharing big ideas, note-taking, goal setting, listing, and planning.
Users can easily download the Rocketbook application for free on their Android or Apple device to blast their notes in any of their favourite cloud services.
The ink from the Pilot Frixion highlighter, marker, and pen would take less than fifteen seconds to dry off and bond with the specialized pages of the notebook. The ink can be erased easily by using a damp cloth.
- The pages feature lined pages, dot-grid, idea-list, OKR goal template, monthly calendar, weekly planner, and task list.
- It comes with one microfiber cloth and one Pilot Frixion pen.
- The pages are dot-gridded.
- It is expensive. Hence, if you are on a budget, then you should strike this one off.
The pages of the notebook are made up of synthetic materials. Therefore, you can expect a smooth writing experience. It is compatible with various cloud systems. Hence, you can use the ones that you think fits your requirements the best.
9. Nu Board Memo Size International Edition NASH04US08
This is an A4 sized notebook. It is one of the best notebooks which you can buy for taking notes, making presentations, explaining concepts, and considering ideas. It comes in various sizes which includes a pocket size and memo size as well.
It contains eight pages. It features a double layer design. Each page has a premium quality translucent sheet on the top made up of transparent PET sheet. The cover is made up of polypropylene which makes the notebook sturdy.
It is complemented with a Lumocolor Correctable 305 F pen which is produced by Staedtler. It has a tip of 0.6 mm which helps in achieving fine thin lines. Hence, you can quickly write small letters beautifully.
- It is cost-effective.
- Smudges or excess ink can be erased with alcohol or whiteboard cleaner.
- The pen loop of the notebook is lousy.
With all the features and functions, this notebook can be the best buy for some people, if you are looking for an overall good notebook in a budget. It comes with a renowned pen, which further makes it a fantastic product.
10. Rocketbook Holiday Bundle
The synthetic pages of the notebook provide for the one-of-a-kind writing experience. The product includes two notebooks, two microfiber towels, and two pens.
It comes with Pilot Frixion, which would last on the premium quality pages forever, unless you erase them. With a drop of water, you can quickly remove all the unwanted ink from the notebook without facing any hassle whatsoever.
One notebook is dot-grid, and the other has lines with it. Each of them contains thirty-two pages. It also features advanced Al technology that can be used for transferring, searching and naming the notes.
- It is compatible with various cloud services.
- After erasing the ink, no imprint is left behind.
- It is expensive.
You should only buy this if you have a lot to note, or you want two separate notebooks for note-taking and drawing. Otherwise, you can even buy this to gift it to someone.
In the end, the best reusable notebook is the Rocketbook notebook. It was our top-pick for its premium materials, appealing design, pricing, and durability.
In addition to this, it comes with various other intelligent features that make sharing and scanning of notes and other things a cakewalk. However, you can also choose from the other products on our list. All of them are highly recommended and would fulfil your requirements.